TOXALIM is a "joint research unit" (UMR 1331) created in January 2011 by INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique) in partnership with (i) the Veterinary college of Toulouse (ENVT, Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Toulouse), (ii) the Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse (INPT) represented by the School of Engineers of Purpan (EI-Purpan, Ecole d'Ingénieurs de Purpan, Toulouse) and (iii) the University Paul Sabatier - Toulouse 3 - (UPS ; Life Sciences, Pharmacy).
- is scientifically attached to the Food (AlimH) and Animal Health (SA) divisions of INRA ;
- involves more than 200 people including 123 permanent staff (75 researchers, 48 engineers & technicians / as of 2016), distributed into 11 research teams, 4 technological platforms and support-to-research services ;
- covers more than 7000 m2 of premises, INRA (180 chemin de Tournefeuille, F-31027 Toulouse) and ENVT (23 chemin des Capelles, F-31026 Toulouse) located at the west of the city of Toulouse (St Martin / Purpan);
- has an overall annual budget of more than 3 Mio€ (not including salaries)
TOXALIM contributes to better understanding long-term toxic effects of pesticides, mycotoxins and other chemical contaminants present at very low concentrations in daily food and feed. We cover different research areas and disciplines, from e.g. gut patho-physiology to the perturbations of gene expression involved in metabolic disease and cancer. Our expertise ranges from integrated in vivo models, to in vitro cellular and molecular systems.
TOXALIM aims at producing new insigths in food toxicology able to be taken into account by national or international regulatory agencies. We are strongly committed to:
- teaching and training in master and PhD programs of the University of Toulouse (Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Veterinary...)
- favour technology transfers and industrial partnerships (Agro-Food, Pharma...)