The three main goals of the common services of the LIPM washing team are:
- Management of lab wastes: collection and decontamination of biological wastes and contaminated dishes.
- Washing: collection, washing, sterilization and tidying up of dishes that are not contaminated.
- Preparation, sterilization and tidying up of media commonly used in the lab.
The complementary goals of the LIPM washing team are:
- Management of storage and orders linked to the washing service (products and dishes).
- Sterilization based on personal requests (water, media, Fahraeus tubes).
- Training of non-permanent staff: casual labour, 2 trainees / year.